Board Members Present: Tom Tremont, Pete Gavin, Brenda Johns, Teresa Howard. Members present: 24.
- Welcome-Meeting opened at 11:30 by Tom Tremont.
- Membership Report-Pete Gavin. We currently have 167 members.
- Treasury Report-Brenda Johns. $5,514 balance. Regular expenditures include paddles, tech support, event supplies, balls, signs.
- Events/Social Committee/Alzheimers Committee-Liz Majkowski.
- OPC’s Got Talent-Aug 12. Three acts + DJ Dance. Also auction fund raiser, wine toss for Alzheimers. Unable to hold this event outside due to noise regulations.
- Hats and visors available for $15. OPC logo clothing orders will be
done twice a year/spring and fall.
- Annual Halloween Gala will be at the Saddle Club October 27.
Ugly Sweater Contest/breakfast may be schedule for December.
- Court Conditions/Maintenance/Exterior Lighting-Tom Tremont.
- Petition for additional space on tennis courts is no longer moving forward due to disapproval by tennis club.
- No strong benefits noted for adding outdoor lighting (not court lighting) to East Rec as suggested by Iris Harell.
- Tom will follow up on timeline for resurfacing/repairing court surfaces. Repairs may result in closing courts for two weeks.
- Court play issues–
The board refers the following issues to the OPC Usage Committee for possible changes, clarification, signage.
- Enforcing limitation of 4 guests with residents present.
- “Special groups” bypassing paddle-up during open play.
- By-law wording clarification for full courts inside and outside open play.
- Limitations on ball machine time on courts.
- Setting earlier open play hours for summer.
- Possible “rated play” outside of open play hours.
7. RAFFLE prize winners chosen. Funds support Alzheimer’s research.
8. Meeting adjourned at 12:15.