Special Oakmont Pickleball Rules
(during the pandemic)
OAKMONT PICKLEBALL CLUB
July 18, 2021
It has come to our attention that some members of the OPC and non-member pickleball players have not been vaccinated for Covid-19. While we can appreciate the individual choice to vaccinate or not, we feel that for the health and safety of all members of the OPC and other players, the following guidelines should be adhered to:
1. Masks must be worn when participating in indoor activities (per the Sonoma County health authorities).
2. Members and non-members of the OPC participating in pickleball play can request the vaccination status of those playing within their group and then accept or refuse to play if they feel uncomfortable playing with a non-vaccinated player.
3. In addition, those players who have not been fully vaccinated should disclose to others they are playing with the fact that they have not been fully vaccinated, for the health and safety of themselves and the other players.
Oakmont Pickleball Rules
- The Oakmont Pickleball courts are for use of all members of Oakmont Village Association.
- Proper non-marking court shoes are required on the courts at all times.
- There are guidelines for the equipment used on the Oakmont Pickleball Courts. It is the responsibility of all players to comply.
- Paddles on the Sun City Grand banned (Red) list are not allowed on the courts. The latest version is posted courtside at the bulletin board.
- No food or liquids other than water are permitted in the court area.
- Members of the OPC may sponsor a maximum of four guests (per day, per household) to play at the Oakmont Village Association courts. It is the responsibility of the sponsor and guests to observe all rules/guidelines of the Oakmont Pickleball Club.
- Keys to the courts may not be loaned to non-members.
- The courts may not be reserved for private parties or any activity that has not been approved by OVA management.
- The facility may be used for OVA and OPC approved scheduled events. These events will be approved by OVA management and managed and advertised by the OPC.
- These rules conform to the OVA Guest Policy dated March 3, 2019.
Rules during Play
- You must call out the score, so your opponent can hear, before serving the ball.
- The server must wait for the receiver to be ready before serving the ball.
- You make the line calls on your side of the net and NOT the other side.
- You may ask the opposition to help with a call, and then their decision is FINAL.
- If you did not see where a ball bounced – it is IN.
- For non-officiated play, non-volley zone faults may be called by either team.
Official Pickleball rules
- Official pickleball rules can be found at USA Pickleball Association (USAPA)