Special Oakmont Pickleball Rules
(during the pandemic)
All players should be vaccinated including guests.
Oakmont Pickleball Rules
- The Oakmont Pickleball courts are for use of all members of Oakmont Village Association.
- Proper non-marking court shoes are required on the courts at all times.
- There are guidelines for the equipment used on the Oakmont Pickleball Courts. It is the responsibility of all players to comply.
- Paddles on the Sun City Grand banned (Red) list are not allowed on the courts. The latest version is posted courtside at the bulletin board.
- No food or liquids other than water are permitted in the court area.
- Members of the OPC may sponsor a maximum of four guests (per day, per household) to play at the Oakmont Village Association courts. It is the responsibility of the sponsor and guests to observe all rules/guidelines of the Oakmont Pickleball Club.
- Keys to the courts may not be loaned to non-members.
- The courts may not be reserved for private parties or any activity that has not been approved by OVA management.
- The facility may be used for OVA and OPC approved scheduled events. These events will be approved by OVA management and managed and advertised by the OPC.
- These rules conform to the OVA Guest Policy dated March 3, 2019.
Rules during Play
- You must call out the score, so your opponent can hear, before serving the ball.
- The server must wait for the receiver to be ready before serving the ball.
- You make the line calls on your side of the net and NOT the other side.
- You may ask the opposition to help with a call, and then their decision is FINAL.
- If you did not see where a ball bounced – it is IN.
- For non-officiated play, non-volley zone faults may be called by either team.
Official Pickleball rules
- Official pickleball rules can be found at USA Pickleball Association (USAPA)