As you all are probably aware, as you are waiting for a court to free up, the number of new members/players at the courts has increased in the recent months and that is a great thing for the game. Having said that, I thought a re-visit to the Court Usage Guidelines was in order. These are also available at the OPC website and are posted on the bulletin board courtside. PICKLE ON
Oakmont Pickleball Court Usage Guidelines
The goal of OPC Open Play is to have fun and build relationships while playing Pickleball.
Open Play – 9:30 – 11:30 am
- Paddle up by skill level (Novice, Intermediate or Advanced).
- Players should play in their self-assessed level the majority of the time but may elect to play up or down one level to fill a court, to challenge themselves or help out some new players.
- The first level to have four paddles up takes the next open court. (However, for example, there are two paddles up at Novice and two paddles up at Intermediate and a court becomes available, the four could agree to play together and take a court.)
- Courts can be used by all levels (EXCEPTION when courts #1 and #4 are used for Orientation, Mentoring or Lessons).
- After you have completed your game, you must leave the court if any paddles, at any level are up. (For example, there are two paddles up at Novice; you were playing with an Intermediate group when you exit the court. Two of you may choose to make up a foursome with those that have paddles up or you may paddle up and wait for others at your skill level)
- Those wanting to drill may do so – however – there is a 15 minute time limit.
- Players not actively participating in a game MUST LEAVE THE COURT.
Outside of Open Play – 8 am to 9:30 am and 11:30 am to 7 pm
- It is up to the individual group(s) to decide to include walk-ons in their play.
- If the courts fill up and people are waiting, you must give up your court at the end of the game. (Including groups).
- Unlike Open Play, groups may continue to play together when the next court opens up.
New Player Orientation: Arrangements can be made by contacting Nancy Lande at 978-2998 to schedule a session. Demo Loaner paddles are available for club members to check out for a week by contacting Doc Savarese at 349-9065.