83 Active members. Dues reminders to be sent for 2022.
OPC has $4286.52 with $1500 pending bills.
1. Changes/clarifications of National Pickleball rules
- Only non-paddle hands may be used to spin ball on a serve.
- If the wrong score is called, wait until after play to correct.
- Serves that hit the net and go into the correct service court are to be played.
- Scoring guidelines for busy court days: use fast 15 or other accelerated methods.
2. Additional open play option offered.
- Daily 2-4. Same guidelines as morning open play. Sign needed for new play time.
3. Updates on court surface: water, cracks.
- OVA maintenance has been advised. No agreement reached. OPC board will continue to monitor.
- Possible webcam at the courts so members can monitor conditions from home. Tom Tremont will follow up with Colin, the OVA tech expert.
- Upcoming Valentine’s Day event February 12. Expenses approved.
- Member suggestions for wet court issue: tree trimming, French drain.
- Additional blowers not recommended as they aren’t effective.
Meeting adjourned. Zoom Attendance: 36